April 17, 2013

Rosy amaryllis in April...


As I worked at my desk this week wrapping things up before leaving for vacation I loved watching these amaryllis blooms open.  My mother-in-law sent me a bulb, a baby from her plant, which I planted in January.  Even on an overcast day the light coming through the lace curtains is enough to make the rosy blossoms glow.   So, so pretty.  

Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out values all the utilities of the world.  
~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Dori! I didn't know they came in this color. What a perfect way to usher in Spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! If you'd care to leave a comment or greeting, I'd be ever so pleased!

** Anonymous comments, comments with spam links or in a foreign language are rarely, if ever, published. **

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.